Wednesday 18 July 2007

CENTRO CITTA (CITY)

Service: 5/5
Ambiance:3.5/5
Food Presentation:4/5
Food Taste:4/5
Price:3.5/5
TOTAL: 8
If you love mafia movies where they have those mean Italian classy restaurants this is the setting they use to film them in. Wood panelled walls, hand painted mural, chandelier and crystal cabinet, sunken wine cellar, Mama Mia! Yes the waiters in their buttoned uniform all play the class part this joint offers. I walk in looking over my shoulder only to see beautiful crockery topped with black ink pasta, home made duck ravioli and risotto with cabbage and asparagus. Other than looking good it tasted bloody good too. My brother-in-law was showing off his new found eatery and all the waiters treated him like royalty. I nearly got down on my knee to kiss his hand. I have never been to a place where the waiter can tell you with every fine detail how the food is made. It made me appreciate the effort put in is making me more food smart. It was if I knew what he was talking about and as in every mob movie I just went along with it. After settling right in, I had an enjoyable Italian experience. The food here is very authentic and comforting. Cost about $200 per couple with a bottle of red and soda waters.
Summary: New York feel about it, good food, top service.
Cenrto Citta
141 Bourke Street
Melbourne
(03) 9654 7152