Wednesday 18 July 2007

LUCKY CHAN'S CHINESE RESTAURANT (SOUTHBANK)

Service: 4/5
Ambiance:4/5
Food Presentation:5/5
Food Taste:5/5
Price:4/5
TOTAL: 8.8

If money is no object and you love lobster no place in Melbourne will you find a better Lobster in XO Sauce. 'Banquet C' entertains your palate on the get go. The fine Peking Duck, BBQ pork and French influenced saffron crab parcel is a real winner. The restaurant has that Chinese feel about it, the waiters have accents, and call me Carol instead of Carlo. I like this place as the service is quick, food is sensational, and ambiance appropriate. The managers are hidden not in your face and there is no six month waiting list, however they are attentive and quick in entertaining your requirements. I suggest you go and try the Lobster in XO Sauce as when eating it overwhelms you. It cost me $200 for the meal including a Campari, Shiraz and two lemonades. Great for a special occasion or romantic night. I always pay for quality, rather in my mouth than in the mouth of a pokies machine.
Summary: One of Melbourne's finest Chinese restaurants.
Lucky Chan's
8 Whiteman Street Ph: 03 9696 3966